Question: Who do I contact for my questions?
Q: Does SBLL have a Facebook page?
Yes at FACEBOOK.
Q: Who can play in our league?
We have two (2) requirements:
- Boys and Girls that are 4 to 16 years old. Player's age for the season is defined by the Little League Age Chart.
- Children who live or go to school (public or private) in District 4.
Questions should be emailed to our Players Agent Linda Ruff at email@example.com.
Q. Do we offer Softball?
Yes, in the Spring season. In late February we determine if we have enough players to field a division. If not, we will offer all registered players the choice of a refund or moving to baseball.
Q: Which age division is appropriate for my child?
Your child's age determines their baseball division or softball division. Use the Little League Age Charts to determine their division. The guideline for the Age Determination Date for:
- Baseball is the actual age of your child as of August 31 of the current year.
- Softball is the actual age of your child as of January 1 of the current year.
Division expectations as defined by Little League:
- Tee-Ball - League age 4 and 5 years old
- Coach Pitch - League age 6 and 7 years old or Machine Pitch League age 6 to 8 (Depends on registration numbers).
- Softball Coach Pitch - League age 6 to 8 years old
- National (Minors) - League age 8 to 10 years old (10yo can choose Minor or Major division depending on the registration numbers).
- American (Majors) - League age 11 to 12 years old (10yo can choose Minor or Major division depending on the registration numbers)
- Juniors / Seniors - League age 13 to 16 years old.
Q: Can my child "move-up" to another division?
Yes. We use a special evaluation for this. But please consider that your child play with their friends. Moving up means your child will be with older children who are in different emotional and physical stages of life. Ask yourself if it's you that wants this or your child. Sometimes it's better to be a big fish in a small pond, than lost in a bigger one.
Q: How much is the registertation fee? What's covered?
- Tee-Ball - $70
- Coach Pitch - $100
- National (Minors) - $125
- Junior / Seniors - $150
- Tee-Ball - $45
- Coach Pitch - $65
- National (Minors) - $65
- Junior / Seniors - $75
The cost covers team uniform, baseball hat, and umpires. Bats and helmets are provided by the league. A baseball glove is REQUIRED and is NOT provided by the league. Cleats are recommended.
In mid-February the registration cost increases by $25 for every division.
No child is turned away. Is help is needed, please contact our Players Agent Linda Ruff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-789-4220.
Q: Can I get a refund if my child decides to not play?
Requests for refunds should be emailed to the Player Agent, Linda Ruff at email@example.com or call 410-789-4220. As a general rule, refunds are not offered once the uniforms have been ordered, which is the day after the draft.
Q: When are the Spring and Fall seasons?
- Registration is early December to late February.
- Games mid-April to mid-June.
- Skills Evaluations in early March for Minor, Major, and Junior/Senior division players.
- Schedules distributed in March.
- Practices begin in March.
Fall Ball Season:
- Registration May-June.
- Games July-October.
- No skills evaluations.
Q: How do I register?
- On-line registration December-late February.
- Walk-in registration is at our field office (1101 E. Fort Ave) in January and February on Friday's from 6 to 8 pm and on Saturday's from 10 am to 2 pm. Please bring all completed forms with you to register.
- See Registration page for details.
Fall Ball Season:
- On-lie registration May-June.
- No walk-in registration.
- See Registration page for details.
Q: Do you have a Waiting List?
When registration has closed, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be placed on the Waiting List (first come-first served). When a spot opens on a team, you will be notified.
Q: What do I need to register?
- Your Child’s Birth Certificate - If you registered on-line last year and uploaded a birth certificate you will not need to do this again
- Little League Registration Form - Only needed if you are doing walk-in registration
- School Enrollment Form or Address Verification Eligibility - If you registered on-line last year and uploaded a school form you will not need to do this again
- Medical Release - Needed every year when registering, but it DOES NOT need to be filled out by a doctor.
- Note: If your child does not attend school you will need to provide proof of residence by providing a copy of three documents, one from each group listed below. A copy will need to be given to Player Agent Linda Ruff at our walk-in registration or by email (email@example.com). Please black-out any sensitive information. We are only looking for parent/guardian's name, address, and the title of the document. If it is a dated material, the document needs to be dated between Feb 1st last year to this year:
- Group 1 - Driver’s License, School Records, Vehicle Records (ie, registration, lease, etc), Employment Records, or Insurance documents.
- Group 2 - Welfare/Child Care Records, Federal records (ie, Federal Tax, Social Security, etc), State Records / Local (Municipal) Records, Support Payment Records, Homeowner or Tenant Records, or Military Records.
- Group 3 - Voter’s Registration, Utility Bills (ie, gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste disposal), Financial Records (ie, loan, credit, investments, etc), Medical Records, or Internet/Cable/Satellite Records.
Q: How are teams formed?
- Every player that registers is drafted to a team in their division. The draft takes place the week after the player evaluations.
- You can request siblings to be placed on the same team if they are in the same division.
- We cannot promise friends will be placed on the same team.
- Please email our Players Agent Linda Ruff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Who are the coaches for the teams?
- Parents and members of our community. We are always looking for volunteers.
- Coaches should attend one of our Coaches Meeting held the 1st and 3rd Wednesday in January. The meeting starts at 6:30 pm and is located in the field office at 1101 E. Fort Ave.
- Each team needs at least three volunteers. All volunteers go through a background check. If you want to coach please fill out the Managers and Coaches form.
Q: How does our league communicate?
Our league uses the SI Play App to keep our schedule organized and to communicate. Please download this app once you register on-line. When your child is assigned to a team you will have access to their schedule as well as coaches and team mates contact info. We also use Facebook as a tool to communicate. We can be found on Facebook at South Baltimore Little League.
Q: How can I get more involved?
Attend one of our meetings, held the first Wednesday and third Wednesday of every month. From April through June meeting time starts at 8:30 PM. During July through March meeting time starts at 6:30 PM. To become a member of the board you must attend 4 meetings in one year.