Dear Little League Family and Community:
As most of you are aware, there have been many changes to our community in recent years. Over the years since developer Mark Sapperstein has purchased and developed the property surrounding our fields we have fielded many questions and concerns from league and community members as to whether or not SBLL would retain ownership of the Little League compound and continue our program for our children. We have also fielded similar questions concerning Under Armour taking over our fields. The answer has been and continues to be YES. SBLL will remain the owners of the Little League compound and our program will continue!
On behalf of the Board of Directors and after many meetings, a lot of negotiations, and much help from various league members (some of whom are no longer with the League ) I am excited to announce that the League has reached an agreement with Mr. Sapperstein. The League has agreed to grant an easement allowing MCS (Mr. Sapperstein’s company)to use a small strip of land behind fields 1 & 2 to install a sidewalk. The sidewalk will provide a safe walking space for those who are walking along Porter Street. Mr. Sapperstein has agreed to provide the following improvements to SBLL’s property during the off season:
- Walk in gate between fields 2 & 3
- New fencing and landscaping along Fort Ave.
- New backstop and dugouts for field 2
- New fencing around fields 1 & 2
- Re-grading of fields 1 & 2 with all new sod and infield dirt
- Scoreboard for field 2
- Electricity to fields 2 & 3
- Install batting cage on concrete pad
- 8 new commercial grade picnic tables
- 8 new commercial grade trash cans
- Removal of old wood and concrete bleachers and replaced with new metal bleachers
- Paving of gravel road leading to fields 3 & 4 and clean up of same area
- Removal of shipping containers and old carnival trailer currently used for storage and replaced with 800 square foot building.
Please note that one important change to next year will be that parking on compound will be in designated parking spaces only! Additional parking will be available in the garage directly behind the fields.
We are very excited about the changes that are coming and until next season it will be business as usual with meetings on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month and Christmas Tree sales beginning in November.As always , thank you all for your continued support.